Skip to Content

History

100 YEARS OF SERVICE

THE ORIGINAL TRADE SUPPLIER

For over 100 years K&D has proudly served tradesmen and homemakers across Tasmania. The K&D story first began when Andrew Kemp and Victor Denning formed Kemp and Denning Timber Merchants in Hobart way back in 1902.

Throughout the history of K&D there have been many proud achievements including opening Australia’s first home and building warehouse in 1986.
In 1996 we really began to expand with the opening of the Glenorchy warehouse and we have continued to grow with the opening of our Cambridge Park Store in 2008, plus stand-alone Trade stores in Launceston and Kingston.
2013 has seen another historical moment for both Tasmania and K&D with our Devonport store now open at the Homemaker Centre off the Bass Highway.

We’ve come a long way in the last 100 years with the original Kemp and Denning store growing into K&D Warehouse, K&D Trade and K&D Bricks & Blocks. A lot may have changed since K&D first began, however when it comes to offering Tasmanians the best service, price and advice, we haven’t changed a thing.